Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-05-22

SWE-32Funäsdalen   NEW!

SWE-31Särna   NEW!

2024-05-21

SWE-33Älvsbyn   NEW!

SWE-32Stugun   NEW!

SWE-33Lycksele   NEW!

CROGerovo

RUS-PLysva

FIN-ISAhveninen

NOR-30Ytre Enebakk   NEW!

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2024-05-20

AUT-STBad Aussee

2024-05-19

AUT-OOBad Ischl

2024-05-18

AUT-OOBad Goisern

2024-05-17

AUT-OOBad Goisern

AUT-THopfgarten im Brixenthal   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



SUISUI-05Arosa

Schafrügg

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Bärenbadschanze:

K-Point: 45 m
Men Winter Hill record: 56.0 m (Gérard Wuilleumier SUI, 1928)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1915
Conversions: 1928
Year of destruction: 1930
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC Arosa
Coordinates: 46.770621, 9.668320 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The first ski jumping competition at Arosa was already held in 1904 at Obersee. The first permanent hill was then Tomelischanze at Obersee, on which jumps of about 30 meters were made between 1910 and 1915.
In 1915, Bärenbadschanze was built at the Schafrügg in the area of Hinterwald. It allowed larger distances and already in 1918 jumps of 45 m were realized there. In the 1920s, it was always well-frequented by spectators at winter competitions. After a conversion and enlargement, Gérard Wuilleumier jumped the largest distance so far with 56 meters at the Swiss championships in 1928 (winner Fritz Kaufmann). In winter 1930, an avalanche destroyed the inrun tower construction and in the following summer, a storm tore down the judges' tower.
This was the hour of birth of the Plessurschanze, which was used from 1930 to 1967. Then, ski jumping activities at Arosa ended.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Karsten N.   wrote on 2011-06-27 at 23:40:

Wikipedia-Artikel

Es existiert neuerdings ein Artikel auf Wikipedia:

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com