Recent news:

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:




NOR-30Kråkerøy   NEW!

NOR-30Langhus   NEW!


NOR-34Skreia   NEW!

NOR-30Rygge   NEW!

NOR-30Mysen   NEW!


NOR-34Kolbu   NEW!

NOR-30Skotbu   NEW!




GER-BBBad Freienwalde

NOR-38Skoppum   NEW!

NOR-30Konnerud   NEW!




Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum




Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments



K-Point: 75 m
Men Winter Hill record: 83.0 m (2000, NJ-NC-SUI)
Coordinates: 47.348011, 7.759373 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 53.5 m (Fabien Ballif SUI)


K-Point: 40 m
Year of construction: 1911
Operating until: ca. 1965
Coordinates: 47.34777, 7.76410 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: K25
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1963
Year of destruction: 2010
Status: out of order
Ski club: SC Langenbruck
Coordinates: 47.348011, 7.759373 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


The SCL was founded in 1909. It is one of the oldest ski clubs of Switzerland and also one of the oldest clubs at Langenbruck. The first ski jumping hill at Langenbruck was 1911 built Erica­-Schanze, located behind Hotel Erica. Later the large Erzenbergschanze followed, where Sigmund Ruud set up a hill record of 69 meters in 1931. In 1940's there were two ski jumps with K-Points of 76 and 41 meters.
In 1955 with renovated Erzenbergschanze Switzerland's largest ski jump was opened. Its modern hill profile was projected as K90 by Dr. Reinhold Straumann and served as a prototype for the Olympic ski jump of 1956 in Cortina d'Ampezzo, which had almost the same measurements. It was adapted to the "fish" ski jumping style, with Andreas Däscher acting as a trial jumper on the hill as well as in the wind tunnel. He also held the hill record ofs 84 m. In 1950s, the world's ski jumping elite competed there regularily, but today the former ski jumping hill does no longer exist.
The 3 Frechelen-Schanzen were built in 1963, then in 1987 the judges tower was reconstructed and in 1997 a floodlight was added to the facility in order to promote night competitions. With these ski jumping hills Langenbruck had the only homologated ski jumping facility in whole northwest Switzerland.
After the last official competition on the large hill took place already back in 2000 with Swiss Junior Championships of Nordic Combined, the final decision to close the hill fell in December 2010. Due to a lack of young jumpers and the old-fashioned condition the jumping facility will be torn down, only the take-off will remain as a relict.

to top

Hill records K75 (Men):

to top


to top


to top


to top

Photo gallery:


to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

4)   Zbal   wrote on 2011-12-05 at 14:33:


Jej, jakie zawody! Szkoda, że macie tylko takie dane.:)

3)   Artur   wrote on 2011-12-05 at 13:05:


Jak dla mnie jest ona zdecydowanie za mała jak na K75.

A swoją drogą ciekawe, że wiecie ile wynosi rekord tej skoczni, wiecie w którym roku został ustanowiony i nawet w jakich zawodach, a nie znacie rekordzisty. Ciekawa sprawa.

2)   wrote on 2011-12-05 at 11:04:

Most of the photos show K75. The big stone-made take-off is K75, the smaller one K50 and K25 is located on the right of both larger hills.

1)   Artur   wrote on 2011-12-04 at 20:15:

Skocznia K75

Ale żadne zdjęcie nie prezentuje skoczni K75?

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023