|Hill record:||55.0 m (Hans Kurt Hauswirth , 1960-12-31)|
|Year of construction:||1920|
|Operating until:||ca. 1972|
|Ski club:||SC Kandersteg|
|Coordinates:||46.495640, 7.669150 ✔|
The Kandersteg ski club was founded in 1904. Initially, the club members met to practice various winter sports disciplines in Eggenschwand in the south of Kandersteg, where a small jumping hill was created.
In 1920, the Lötschberg ski jump was built directly at the train station. The outrun of the ski jump led through a tunnel-like railway underpass and ended on the station square! The hill initially allowed jumps around 30 meters and from 1924 onwards over 40 meters. With Rudolf Felber, SC Kandersteg had one of Switzerland's best ski jumpers from the late-1920s onwards.
After 1945, Lötschberg-Sprungschanze hosted the Swiss championships several times. In 1954 and 1960, it was converted to allow for jumps over 50 meters. The SM 1965 was the last major event before the ski jump had to give way to the construction of the bypass road for loading cars into the Lötschberg tunnel in the early 1970s, which was completed in 1977. Instead, the National Nordic Ski Center with three plastic covered hills was built on the Bühl in 1977-78.