|Year of construction:||1920|
Ostpreußenschanze, which is very likely no more existing today, was situated in the center of Zemlandsky Poluostrov peninsula (German: Sam- land). This peninsula, which had been East-Prussian from the 16th century on and later until 1945 German, is situated at the south-eastern Baltic Sea between Poland and Lithuania and today belongs to the Russian exclave Kaliningrad (ger.: Königsberg).
The Galtgarben is situated near the town Pereslavskoje (ger.: Drugehnen), which is around 30 km north-western of Kaliningrad. With 111 m it is the highest peak of the peninsula and was already used for skiing at the end of 1920’s. That’s the reason for also building up a ski jumping hill and a licensed house not far of it. All population with German roots that lived there in the past left East-Prussia at the end of World War II in 1945 or displaced later on.