Recent news:

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-05-25

SLOSveti Vid

2022-05-24

SLODrežnica

SLOPredmeja

2022-05-22

CZE-LHarrachov

CZE-LVratislavice nad Nisou

CZE-LJablonec nad Nisou

CZE-LLoučna nad Nisou

CZE-LJanov nad Nisou

2022-05-19

SUI-02Grenchen   NEW!

POL-KSkawica

2022-05-18

POL-DŚwieradów-Zdrój   NEW!

POL-DKarpacz   NEW!

NOR-50Viggja

SLOŽiri

LATOgrē

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



RUSRUS-CRyazan Ряза́нь

Solotcha

Data | History | Map | Photo gallery | Articles | Comments

.

Lysaya Gora (Лысая гора):

K-Point: 45 m
Year of construction: 1974
Year of destruction: 2020
K-Point: 30 m
Year of construction: 1959
Year of destruction: 1974
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 54.783687, 39.822094 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The wooden ski jump on "Bald Hill" (Lysaya Gora - "Лысая гора") in Solotcha, a northern touristic suburb of Ryazan, was opened on 11th January, 1959. Skiers from Ryazan, Solotcha and the surrounding area were training there. The athletes coached by former regional champion Vladimir Rybinsky quickly got good results and won many competitions in Central Russia. In 1974 the wooden K30 hill was demolished to make place for a new one.
Thanks to the constructing boom which came to Soviet Union in 1970s before the Summer Olympics 1980, also Solotcha received money for a new ski jump. The construction of the bigger K45 hill with a concrete and steel inrun tower to replace the former wooden one started shortly after.
However, unfortunately the new hill turned out to be the nail in the coffin for Ryazan's ski jumping. Why? - Because the designers made a terrible mistake during the design procces, since they did not consider the location of the ski jump. Building a bigger jump at the same place of the smaller one made it impossible to jump safely, since the landing zone was too short and too close to Solotcha river. Jumpers who made good jumps wouldn't be able to land them as they would fly down to the totally flat part or even into the the river! The issue was only discovered when the construction was already fairly advanced - and it was stopped then. The whole project was abandoned and never finished or rebuilt, and became a symbol of terrible management. It was even described in the famous satirical magazine "Krokodil". Although the K45 hill was never officially opened, during 1980s amateur skiers cleared the landing zone from bushes that had taken it oit and made some private jumps there.
Currently, the unfortunate ski jumping hill is a problem for local authorities. There were ideas to turn the inrun tower into a viewing platform or to totally demolish it, but no decision was made yet. Only the small climbing wall built next to it is still used.

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:

to top

Articles:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com