Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-09-30

NOR-34Tynset   NEW!

2020-09-29

NOR-34Sør-Aurdal   NEW!

NOR-15Fjord   NEW!

2020-09-28

NOR-30Indre Østfold   NEW!

NOR-34Hamar   NEW!

NOR-34Rendalen   NEW!

NOR-30Sarpsborg   NEW!

NOR-30Moss   NEW!

NOR-34Lillehammer   NEW!

NOR-42Åmli   NEW!

2020-09-27

FIN-LSTurku   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

2020-09-26

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-42Kristiansand

Suldalen

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Comments

.

Suldalsbakken:

K-Point: 35 m
Men Winter Hill record: 38.0 m (Thomas Hodne NOR, 1933)
Year of construction: 1907
Year of destruction: 1933
K35 (1907-1933)K20 (1982-1906)

Knogebakken:

K-Point: 15 m
Year of construction: 1879
Year of destruction: 1891
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Oddersjå SSK, Fagen 32
Coordinates: 58.154419, 7.952058 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The beginnings of ski jumping in Kristiansand were in military activities. In the mid 1870's, the first sport groups were funded, however soldiers ("Koge") were the first skiers in town. They were skiing on hills in order to improve their skis and organized first internal competitions, which consisted of a downhill run and a ski jump.
This was also the reason why the first ski jumping hill in town was called Knogebakken. It was the venue of the first open competition on February 11th 1879, where not only 55 adults and 110 boys took part of, but also a couple of thousand spectators. Due to the amount of people there, it took until the darkness hours until it was finished. The victory ceremonies took place next to bonfires and burning torches. As soon as it ended, there was a common ski ride to the town center - an impressive happening.
In 1892, the first "real" ski jump was opened with Suldalsbakken. As well as in 1888, there was another Kings' Cup competition in 1893. But, it became clear quickly that the ski jump was too small for the needs.
In 1907, the new Suldalsbakken was opened. It was located at the same location as the two predecessors. In 1912, 1915 and 1926, there were again Kings' Cup events, before there was a decision to build a railway tunnel at the same place. And so the final competition took place on March 12th 1933.
From 1934 on, the new-built Tinnheiabakken was in use.

to top

Hill records K35 (Men):

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com