|Hill record:||62.0 m (Arnfinn Sandengen , 1946)|
|Year of construction:||1934|
|Conversions:||1938, 1953-1954, 1959|
|Year of destruction:||1999|
|Ski club:||Oddersjå SSK|
|Coordinates:||58.153695, 7.946371 ✔|
Oddersjå SSK was founded in 1875 and built its first ski jumping hill in 1879. From 1892 on, there was a second one, which was Suldalsbakken. It gradually became too small and was closed in 1933.
Following that, Tinnheiabakken was built and opened on March 18th 1934. Due to the springlike weather, which caused wet and slow snow conditions, the opening competition did not include spectacular distances. For 1939, Kristiansand became host of the Norwegian National Championships and modernized the ski jump for this special occasion. The event became a pure success: The famous Birger Ruud won with two jumps on 50.5 meters in front of 17,000 spectators and Prince Olav.
After Arnfinn Sandengen jumped a new impressive hill record shortly after World War II, a tragedy happened: In 1947, a jumper from Vennesla had a nasty fall and died from his injuries.
After two conversions in 1953-1954 and 1959, there were a few floodlight competitions in the 1960's. With Yosuke Eto, even a member of the Japanese national team took part there. On March 21st 1970, the final competition took place. In 1999, the inrun tower was demolished.