Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-09-30

NOR-34Tynset   NEW!

2020-09-29

NOR-34Sør-Aurdal   NEW!

NOR-15Fjord   NEW!

2020-09-28

NOR-30Indre Østfold   NEW!

NOR-34Hamar   NEW!

NOR-34Rendalen   NEW!

NOR-30Sarpsborg   NEW!

NOR-30Moss   NEW!

NOR-34Lillehammer   NEW!

NOR-42Åmli   NEW!

2020-09-27

FIN-LSTurku   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

2020-09-26

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-38Rjukan

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Comments

.

Ingolfslandbakken (Rjukanbakken):

K-Point: 45 m
Men Winter Hill record: 56.0 m (Reidar Andersen NOR, 1936)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1911
Conversions: 1918, 1930-1931
Operating until: Ca. 1960
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Rjukan IL
Coordinates: 59.880219, 8.620938 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Ingolfslandbakken, also known as Rjukanbakken, was built in 1911 and used in 1912 for the first time.
For 1918, Rjukan IL received the honor to host the Norwegian National Championships. Therefor, grandstands were built as well as a judges' tower and stairs up the landing slope. In addition to that, the inrun tower was moved up by twelve meters, which also enabled longer jumps.
In course of the second conversion, the grandstands were removed in December 1930. But in February 1931, floodlights were installed. So, Ingolfslandbakken became one of the first ski jumps ever, which also could be used by night.
The ski jump was used until the early 1960's, but it is not clear when exactly it was demolished. Also due to the fact that the landing slope was used by slalom skiers after the jumping activities have ended. In 1982, a kindergarten was build in the former outrun area.

to top

Hill records K45 (Men):

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com