|Year of construction:||1893|
|Year of destruction:||Ca. 1990|
|Ski club:||Kongsvinger IL|
|Coordinates:||60.204230, 11.990813 ✔|
Already in 1893, the first ski jumping hill was built in Langeland district in Kongsvinger. It was designed by engineer Tobias Bernhoft and allowed jumps over 20 meters. Already at that time, the ski jump was considered as one of the best in the country and attracted some well-known jumpers.
At the end of the 1960's, Langelandsbakken was completely rebuilt, enlarged to a K48 and also equipped with floodlights. In the 1971 winter it was ready to use for the first time, but was not as popular as its predecessor. It became quickly clear that the inrun tower was just too big for the size of hill.
In 1979, a misfortune happened when a snowstorm blew trees on the inrun tower, which caused severe damage, so it had to be rebuilt once again. Even though the new inrun tower was supposed to be used for 50 years, it was demolished after just nine years. The very sunny location of the hill not only led to tricky wind conditions, but also let the snow melt quickly. Meanwhile, the area is overgrown.