Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-09-29

NOR-30Ski

AUT-OOWindischgarsten

AUT-OOWindischgarsten   NEW!

2022-09-28

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

NOR-30Ski

2022-09-27

CZE-JSvratka

NOR-30Bærum

2022-09-26

FRA-VChamonix

SLOKranj

GER-STWippra

NOR-30Lommedalen

2022-09-25

USA-WIWashburn

AUT-STRamsau

NOR-50Trondheim

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-30Heggedal

Fossekneika

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Fossekollen:

K-Point: 50 m
Year of construction: 1921
Year of destruction: 1947
Coordinates: 59.780604, 10.438551 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Fossekneika:

K-Point: 38 m
Further jumps: K20
Year of construction: 1948
Conversions: 1960, 1981
Year of destruction: 1995
Coordinates: 59.781951, 10.438052 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Heggedal IL
Coordinates: 59.781951, 10.438052 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Already with its construction in 1921, Fossekollen was one of the biggest ski jumps in Eastern Norway. Around ten years later, the famous Sigmund Ruud came to Heggedal. He was visiting his friend Knut Lunde, the brother of Per Lunde, who was he owner of the Vinnulstad farm. After he paid a visit there, he want to the ski jump. Rapidly, rumors about the famous visitor appeared and so even the pupils were allowed to skip school to be able to watch their hero jumping. In his first attempt, he jumped around 50 meters, but fell. Ruud stood up, but lost everything he had in his pockets in the outrun. "I will give the old lady the cane", he yelled and went for another attempt - this time he landed.
Shortly after World War II, the history of the ski jump was over and it was demolished. Only a year later, two new, but smaller, ski jumps were built instead. In the 1950's also floodlights were installed. In 1960, the outrun was extended by building a bridge over the Grodalselva river. In 1981, the facility was rebuilt, before it was eventually demolished in 1995.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com