Recent news:

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

Works in Hinterzarten are resuming

Inrun tracks at Einsiedeln are renewed

Granåsen getting ready for WSC 2025

Ski Jumping World Cup to return to Iron Mountain

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2021-09-18

FIN-ESKouvola

ESTMeegomäe

POL-SBielsko-Biała

2021-09-15

POL-KZakopane

2021-09-08

CAN-BCRevelstoke

NOR-34Odnes

2021-09-07

AUT-VDornbirn

2021-09-06

SLOSebenje

NOR-38Notodden   NEW!

NOR-34Elverum   NEW!

2021-09-03

NOR-34Brumunddal

GER-STWernigerode

2021-08-31

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!

NOR-34Os i Østerdalen   NEW!

2021-08-26

NOR-38Rjukan   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-30Hønefoss

Livbakken

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Comments

.

Livbakken:

K-Point: 52.5 m
Men Winter Hill record: 58.0 m (Hans Bjørnstad NOR, 1950)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1900
Conversions: 1902-1903, 1930-1931, 1939, 1945-1946, 1949, 1969
Operating until: 1976
Year of destruction: 1983
Status: destroyed
Ski club: IF Liv
Coordinates: 60.170261, 10.280054 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The sports club IF Liv was founded in 1895 and hosted ski jumping events even before the turn of the century. After five years they had enough of improvised snow hills and so started building their own ski jump in 1900. The Livbakken was opened on February 24th 1901.
The year after, also a grandstand and stairs up the landing slope were installed, ahead of an enlargement of the hill in 1903. Due to these adaptions, the hill records were much higher than before. In 1911, even the Norwegian National Championships took place on Livbakken.
The second conversion in 1930 and 1931 was just a minor one, while the modernization in 1939 was supposed to have bigger impact. However, this could not been used, due to a lack of snow in 1940 and World War II. This marked the beginning of a five winter long period without any jumps.
After World War II, the hill was in a poor condition. This was caused by the Germans, who used the hill as a shooting range. Later that year, a storm made the inrun tower collapse. So, the sports club, volunteers and the community came together and worked on a reactivation, which was completed before the winter in 1947. In 1949, also floodlights were installed.
In the following years, the hill was frequently used. This status only lasted until the 1960's. The best jumpers were jumping on bigger hills, the hill profile was outdated and there were not too many youngsters. Moreover, the hill was damaged by vandals. In 1969, another conversion took place, which remained the last one. Already seven years later, the final jump took place and in 1983, the hill was demolished.

to top

Hill records K52.5 (Men):

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2021
www.skijumpinghills.com