Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-09-29

NOR-30Ski

AUT-OOWindischgarsten

AUT-OOWindischgarsten   NEW!

2022-09-28

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

NOR-30Ski

2022-09-27

CZE-JSvratka

NOR-30Bærum

2022-09-26

FRA-VChamonix

SLOKranj

GER-STWippra

NOR-30Lommedalen

2022-09-25

USA-WIWashburn

AUT-STRamsau

NOR-50Trondheim

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-30Årnes

Dragsjøen

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Dragsjøbakken:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Longest jump: 52.0 m (Viggo Lysaker NOR, 1931)
Men Winter Hill record: 51.5 m (Ivar Engebertsen NOR, 1931)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Spectator capacity: 3,000
Year of construction: 1927
Year of destruction: 1956
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Raumnes & Årnes IL
Coordinates: 60.069600, 11.534233 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Dragsjøbakken was completed in 1927 and used to be the largest ski jumping hill in the Romerike region. Even thought it was not as big as Holmenkollen, it was considered as one of the most beautiful ski jumps in Eastern Norway.
The official record of 51.5 meters was set in 1931 by the 16-year-old Ivar Engebertsen. His club colleague Viggo Lysaker jumped even half a meter longer, but crashed in the outrun radius.
On February 14th and 15th the same year, a competition in course of the King's Cup took place, which remained the most important competition in the history of Nes. Also Crown Prince Olav was invited, unfortunately he could not pay a visit. Instead, 3,000 spectators were following the competition.
After World War II, Dragsjøbakken was in a poor condition. Also before it was difficult to maintain it properly due to its location, which also faced frequent issues with flooding water from the nearby lake. And so the ski jump was demolished in 1956.

to top

Hill records K50 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com