Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-09-28

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

NOR-30Ski

2022-09-27

CZE-JSvratka

NOR-30Bærum

2022-09-26

FRA-VChamonix

SLOKranj

GER-STWippra

NOR-30Lommedalen

2022-09-25

USA-WIWashburn

AUT-STRamsau

NOR-50Trondheim

NOR-03Oslo

2022-09-24

USA-UTSalt Lake City

NOR-30Asker

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



NORNOR-03Oslo

Maridalen

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Kollbakkene (Jøssingbakkene / Hjulabakkene):

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 52.0 m (Arnold Kongsgård NOR)
Coordinates: 59.983965, 10.747494 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 40 m
Men Winter Hill record: 42.0 m
Coordinates: 59.984437, 10.747992 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 30 m
Men Winter Hill record: 32.0 m
Coordinates: 59.984319, 10.747574 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1943
Operating until: Ca. 1960
Status: destroyed
Ski club: IL Koll, IL Troll
Coordinates: 59.984289, 10.747703 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The three Kollbakenne, which were also called Jøssingbakkene or Hjulabakkene for some time, were built in 1942 and 1943 by IL Troll. While the two smaller ski jumps had natural inruns, there was a rail device on the tower of the largest, which allowed the jumpers to change the inrun length.
In the 1940's and 1950's, many competitions took place on the ski jumps - some even on national level. During World War II, when sports activities were not allowed, these events were held secretly and illegal. On peak days, over 100 jumpers jumped here on a single day and a lot of spectators were curious to watch these talents.
At the end of the 1950's, the interest in the facility got less and less and so it was closed and later demolished.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com