|Hill record:||53.5 m (Egil Lærum , 1947, N-NOR)|
|Year of construction:||1914|
|Year of destruction:||1957|
|Coordinates:||59.958832, 10.764837 ✔|
Nydalsbakken was build in 1914 at the edge of the Akerselva river. To gain the necessary space for the outrun, a bridge to cross this river had to be build. The necessary wood was taken from the trees that were torn down during the construction works for the ski jump.
In the first few years after the construction, the hill was all-natural, until an inrun tower was built in 1922. Interestingly, this tower was re-constructed every year. In 1925, the outrun bridge was replaced and in 1929 a permanent inrun tower erected. It was also the reason why the hill reached its final size and allowed jumps over 50 meters.
Nydalsbakken was also the venue of the well-known Nydalsrennet, which was hosted annually. This also saw some well-known participants: In 1921, Crown Prince Olav took part of it, in 1931 with Johanne Kolstad and Hilda "Nusse" Braskerud even two women.
In 1933, the Norwegian National Championships took place here. Shortly after World War II, Egil Lærum from Vikersund jumped the final hill record, before the hill was demolished in 1953. Until today, the "Skibakketrappa" (ski jumping hill stairway") keeps memory of this historic place.