|Hill record:||60.0 m (1977)|
|Ladies' hill record:||22.0 m (Hilda Stang , 1910)|
|Year of construction:||1886|
|Conversions:||1917, 1955, 1977|
|Further jumps:||K20, K10|
|Status:||out of order|
|Ski club:||Bærums Skiklub, A/S Solbergbakken|
At Bærum, a western suburb of Oslo, noridc skiing activties have a long tradition, lasting back until 1868.
The Solbergbakken at Gejttum/Valler was already constructed in 1886 and opened as one of the world’s largest ski jumps on 1888-01-29. In 1899 Asbjørn Nilssen and Morten Hanssen jumped a new wolrd record of 32.5 m there, one year later Olaf Tandberg stood a new world record of 35.5 m. In 1917 the ski jump was converted for a first time and reopened with a new hill record of 44 m. In 1919 15,000 spectators attended “Hovedlandsrenn” and in 1935 for a first time the 50 meter bench-mark was over-leaped.
After World War II from 1955 on the facility was only used as training ski jumping hill, on larger Skuibakken Bærums Skiklub even hosted several Norwegian Championships and two World Cup competitions. In 1977 the 60 meter hill was covered with plastic mattings, in 1992 the very last summer competition on plastic was hosted there.