Recent news:

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten, Part 2 - Comebacks and lessons

Luis on Ski Jumping Hill Tournament: SGP Hinterzarten - Tradition(s) and novelty

Spectacular new complex in Shchuchinsk inaugurated

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2018-10-23

NOR-06Drammen

2018-10-22

GER-THBrotterode

2018-10-21

NOR-05Lillehammer

GER-SNKlingenthal

GER-SNOybin

RUSEkaterinburg

RUSBaryshevo

2018-10-20

FRA-VHabère-Poche

POL-DKamienna Góra

FRA-IChaux Neuve

FIN-ESEspoo   NEW!

GER-SNRodewisch

2018-10-19

FIN-ESEspoo   NEW!

FIN-ESEspoo   NEW!

GER-BWPfullingen

more



Advertisement:





Partner:


Peter Riedel Sports Technology


SkokiPolska.pl


Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



LTUVilnius

Trijų kryžių kalnas

Data | History | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Trijų kryžių kalnas / Góra Trzykrzyska:

K-Point: 35 m
Year of construction: 1924
Conversions: 1935, ca. 1960
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Plastic matting: yes

to top

History:

The beginnings of the ski jumping hill in Vilnius at the stadium under the Góra Trzykrzyska (Trijų kryžių kalnas), also appearing in the sources as a "hill on Antokol" (currently Antakalnis district, former Antokol, does not cover this area), date back to 1924. From the beginning, local ski jumping was related to the military community. The original hill allowed for 25-meter jumps. In 1934 there was a significant reconstruction of the facility, which gained a modern, reinforced concrete inrun tower - allowing to jump 35 meters. The opening took place in January 1935, and the inaugural competition was won by Jan Bochenek from Zakopane, ahead of the famous Stanisław Marusarz.
After the Second World War (when Vilnius, formerly within Poland, became part of the USSR), the ski jump was rebuilt once again, in the 1960s plastic mattings were placed on it. Currently, the remnant of the object is a stone take-off and concreted landing slope covered by plants.

In Vilnius there were also two other hills - a small, primitive hill in Belmont (the 1920s) and a post-war ski jump on Antokol (in Sapieżynki), which was planned to increase - but it did not happen.

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2018
www.skijumpinghills.com