Recent news:

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-08-07

NOR-38Kodal   NEW!

NOR-30Hønefoss   NEW!

SVKSlovenská Lupča

2020-08-06

NOR-30Drammen   NEW!

NOR-30Blaker   NEW!

SVKPodkonice

RUSSortavala

RUSMolodezhnoye

2020-08-05

NOR-38Hof   NEW!

NOR-50Trondheim   NEW!

NOR-34Gausdal   NEW!

POL-TRuczynów

NOR-46Førde   NEW!

NOR-30Ål   NEW!

SVKBrusno

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



LTUVilnius

Trijų kryžių kalnas

Data | History | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Trijų kryžių kalnas / Góra Trzykrzyska:

K-Point: 35 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1924
Conversions: 1935, ca. 1960
Status: destroyed

to top

History:

The beginnings of the ski jumping hill in Vilnius at the stadium under the Góra Trzykrzyska (Trijų kryžių kalnas), also appearing in the sources as a "hill on Antokol" (currently Antakalnis district, former Antokol, does not cover this area), date back to 1924. From the beginning, local ski jumping was related to the military community. The original hill allowed for 25-meter jumps. In 1934 there was a significant reconstruction of the facility, which gained a modern, reinforced concrete inrun tower - allowing to jump 35 meters. The opening took place in January 1935, and the inaugural competition was won by Jan Bochenek from Zakopane, ahead of the famous Stanisław Marusarz.
After the Second World War (when Vilnius, formerly within Poland, became part of the USSR), the ski jump was rebuilt once again, in the 1960s plastic mattings were placed on it. Currently, the remnant of the object is a stone take-off and concreted landing slope covered by plants.
In Vilnius there were also two other hills - a small, primitive hill in Belmont (the 1920s) and a post-war ski jump on Antokol (in Sapieżynki), which was planned to be enlarged - but it did not happen.

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com