Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-09-30

NOR-34Tynset   NEW!

2020-09-29

NOR-34Sør-Aurdal   NEW!

NOR-15Fjord   NEW!

2020-09-28

NOR-30Indre Østfold   NEW!

NOR-34Hamar   NEW!

NOR-34Rendalen   NEW!

NOR-30Sarpsborg   NEW!

NOR-30Moss   NEW!

NOR-34Lillehammer   NEW!

NOR-42Åmli   NEW!

2020-09-27

FIN-LSTurku   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

2020-09-26

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

USA-WASpokane   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



JPNJPN-15Jōetsu 上越市

Data | History | Hill records | Competitions | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Kanayasan Ski Area (金谷山スキー場):

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 58.0 m (Hiroshi Yoshizawa JPN, 1960, N-JPN)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of destruction: 2012
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 37.102346, 138.229060 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Jōetsu is a city in Niigata prefecture that was created in 1971 by merging two cities - Naoetsu und Takada into new one. Skiing was brought there in 1911 by Austrian soldier and skiing pioneer Theodor Elder von Lerch.
The first ski jump at Mount Kanaya was built before 1924. Initially, it allowed to jump nearly 20 meters, later it was enlarged up to 30 metres and finally, in late 1930's, it was rebuilt once again and allowed jumps over 50 metres.
At that time hill was a popular facility - it hosted Japan Ski Jumping Championships 5 times (1924, 1929, 1940, 1954, 1960). But later it lost its popularity and was outshined by von Lerch's monument built just next to ski jump. The Japanese Ski Memorial Museum opened nearby and Kanayasan Ski Area as well. The former inrun structure was still there at least up to late 2009, but later it was finally demolished.

to top

Competitions:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com