|Longest jump:||114.0 m (Giacomo Aimoni , 1965-03-03)|
|Hill record:||110.0 m (Henrik Ohlmeyer , 1966-02-14)|
|Year of construction:||1928|
|Ski club:||SC Ponte di Legno|
|Coordinates:||46.252326, 10.519774 ✔|
The giant ski flying hill in Ponte di Legno, the last town of the valley Valcamonica, was drafted and constructed by Swiss man Adolf Badrutt in 1928 on 1258 m. It the first ski jump in Italy on which a jump over 100 meters was realized. This leap was made by Italy’s Bruno da Col, who later received a golden medal of honour for his achievements by Benito Mussolini. Already in 1935 Swiss man Fritz Kainesdörfer reached a new world record of 99.5 m on “Corno d’Aola” and only scarcely failed the 100 meter sonic wall, which was broken for a first time by the Austrian Bubi Bradl in Planica just one year later.
After World War II even two smaller jumping hills K60 and K15 were constructed, one of them even was the first plastic covered hill of Italy. Until 1966 the ski jumps were the main touristic attraction of the town, but then ski jumping activities stopped after the Kongsberg Cup competition in 1966.