|Hill record:||46.0 m (Bernd Wedel )|
|Further jumps:||K28, K18, K10|
|Year of construction:||1951|
|Ski club:||SV Winterstein|
|Coordinates:||50.871492, 10.469144 ✔|
The first wintersports club in Winterstein, today located in Waltershausen municipality, was established in 1920s. Besides a small natural snow jumping hill at Thielberg, the club did not have any facilities. After World War II, wintersports enthusiasts of BSG Traktor (later BSG Motor and today SV Winterstein 90 e.V.) constructed a ski jumping facility at Sembachtal in 1951. In 1961, Pionierschanze was built at the north side of Hopfenberg. During GDR times, successful young athletes from Winterstein were delegated to the training centers of KJS Oberhof or alter ASK Brotterode. With the political turn-over in 1989-90, the history of wintersports activities in Winterstein came to an end.
The natural ski jump at Sembachtal had a wooden take-off and a judges tower. A first conversion took place in 1961 and later three smaller ski jumps were added on the same slope. After the conversion, the hill record was pushed from 36 to 43 meters and held by Bernd Wedel.
A last conversion was planned in 1989 for the district spartakiade in 1990. However, it was not realized due to the fall of the wall. Since the wintersports section at Winterstein did not have any ski jumpers anymore, the ski jumping facility dilapidated and was finally deconstructed for safety reasons. Meanwhile, nature has reclaimed the area.