|Further jumps:||K18, K8, K3|
|Year of construction:||1956|
|Conversions:||1965, 1968, 1970, 1981|
|Ski club:||SV Triebes|
|Coordinates:||50.686427, 11.994187 ✔|
The first self-made ski jumping hills existed at "Holzmüllers Hang" in Weidatal at Thuringian Triebes already before World War II and the construction of Weida barrage. But the construction of a professionial ski jump could not be realized due to the up-coming war.
After World War II sports activities were revived by TSG Triebes in 1946, in 1949 the club was renamed into BSG "Aufbau" Triebes. ONly in 1955 the ski section was founded again and finally the construction of "Aufbau-Schanze" at Weidatal started. The natural K26 ski jump was inaugurated on February 5, 1956. In 1965 the provisional wooden judges' tower was replaced by a concrete building and the hill was renamed into "Winfried-Hildebrand-Schanze". Only short time later the first summer competition on plastic mattings could be organized on September 22, 1968. Again only two years later a junior hill K18 was added.
In early 1980's the ski jumping center at Weidatal was compelted with a K8 pupils' hill. With the end of GDR in 1990 a seperate ski club SV Triebes was founded and continued the successful development of young athletes in ski jumping and nordic combined for many years. Today the Winfried-Hildebrand-Schanzen are no longer in use and the plastic mattings have been removed already.