Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-11-30

GER-NWRückershausen

2022-11-29

FRA-MGérardmer

AUT-TAxams   NEW!

2022-11-28

FRA-MXonrupt-Longemer

2022-11-27

SLOSveti Vid

2022-11-26

SLORavne na Koroškem

2022-11-25

SLOVrh nad Laškim

2022-11-24

SLOCelje

2022-11-23

SLOZlato Polje

2022-11-22

SLOMoravče

AUT-SDorfgastein   NEW!

AUT-TBiberwier   NEW!

USA-MNBrainerd   NEW!

2022-11-21

NOR-50Oppdal   NEW!

FIN-LSPaimio

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-THLuisenthal

Siegelgrund

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Sprungschanze im Siegelgrund (Germania-Schanze):

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 49.0 m
Tower height: 17 m
Year of construction: 1932
Conversions: 1949
Year of destruction: 1958
Coordinates: 50.761568, 10.736237 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Pionierschanze in der Glotze:

K-Point: 20 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Luisenthaler SV
Coordinates: 50.761568, 10.736237 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Ski jumping has a long tradition in Luisenthal. Already in November 1911, the winter sports club was founded. The first competitions took place on the jumping hill in the Arlesnest on Kienberg in 1913/1914. It was active until about 1930.
Between 1930 and 1932, a new ski jump was built in Siegelgrund. At the inauguration of the "Germania-Schanze" on February 26th, 1933, the German champion Erich Recknagel could be welcomed as a guest of honor. There were numerous competitions there until 1940, but during World War II, sporting activities came almost to a complete standstill.
In 1947, jumping operations were resumed. Under difficult conditions, the now renamed "Schanze im Siegelgrund" was extended to 50 meters in 1949. The carpenters Hoffmann and Zentgraf worked on the construction of the 17 m high inrun tower made of wood. Well-known jumpers of this time were Otto, Richard, Kurt and Alfred Pflügner, Max Weidner, Erich Löw, and Werner Frank.
With the planning of a new bypass road to implement the Ohra valley dam, the ski jump in Siegelgrund had to give way in 1958. As a replacement, a new jumping facility was built in the Zimmertal. Near Siegelgrund, there was also a 20-meter pioneer jump, which also served for junior training from the mid-1950s on. However, in the late 1960s nordic skiing activities declined in favor of biathlon and were given up by around 1980.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com