Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-07-01

SLOJavorovica   NEW!

SWE-22Sjöbo   NEW!

SWE-21Tranås    NEW!

SLODrča   NEW!

ITAPredazzo   NEW!

SWE-23Hindås

POL-KJawornik

USA-UTPark City

FRA-VCourchevel

FRA-VLes Contamines

FRA-ILes Rousses

GER-BYBerchtesgaden

2022-06-30

GER-SNJohanngeorgenstadt

2022-06-29

AUT-OOBad Ischl

AUT-OOHinzenbach

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-THLehesten

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Glück-Auf-Schanze:

K-Point: 15 m
Further jumps: K8
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1980
Status: destroyed
Ski club: ASV Lehesten
Coordinates: 50.470139, 11.448805 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Already before the official founding of winter sports club Lehesten in 1912, efforts were made for the was construction of a ski jumping hill. The very snow-secure town, which is the highest altitude city in Thuringia, wanted to used it for advertising up-coming winter tourism.
Probably the first ski jump was built at "sanften Hölzle" before World War I. It offered a beautiful view on the slate mining town and existed until early 1930's. During National-Socialist period that area had also been used for ski jumping, but only with a small natural hill that had to be set up every winter and was used by the school and junior jumpers. Furthermore there was a 30 meter ski jumping hill at Rauschertal, which had been built by tourism club, but had to be removed soon due to slate mining.
With the construction of the Berlin Wall in 1961 and the closure of the green border of GDR also in Thuringia, Lehesten as a border town suffered a lot. Also the construction of a larger ski jumping hill had to be cancelled due to exclusion zone.
Due to on-going initiatives by Hans Hauptmann, who was a ski jumping enthusiast and coach, in 1976 a training center for Nordic Combined was established at Lehesten within the army sports union (ASV). They used a natural hill on a slate heap, so-called "Schelfsschanze am Webersloch", which had been built a few years before.
Iincreasing success of the youth education by Hans Hauptmann mad it possible to build new plastic covered junior hills at "steiler Kulm" near the public pool, which was also called "Badekurve" by locals. The „Glück Auf“-Mattenschanzen had been built with support of local businesses and were used until the fall of the Berlin Wall. After the German Re-union in 1990 ski jumping activities ended and could not revive, even though there were many attempts.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com