|Hill record:||32.0 m (H.-J. Knauer )|
|Year of construction:||1957|
|Year of destruction:||2000|
|Ski club:||BSG Stahl Maxhütte|
|Coordinates:||50.642486, 11.445222 ✔|
The construction of the ski jumping hill at Osterhügel in Kamsdorf was started in 1957 by wintersports athletes, supporters, pupils and their parents as a part of "Nationales Aufbauwerk". School director Heinz Nauber was a very engaged supporter of the works, since he also put a strong focus on wintersports as part of school and children's sports education. The hill structure was made from wood and could be inaugurated in December 1957, after that it was frequently used by the school for many pupil's competitions.
However, only a few years later the ski jump didn't fulfill basic requirements anymore and a profound modernization had become necessary. Thus it was deconstructed under the lead of the BSG Stahl Maxhütte and a new hill was rebuild at the same location with a steel inrun structure. Many voluntary workers supported the construction, but also prisoners from Maxhütte Unterwellenborn had to work there.
The new hill was inaugurated in December 1967 and in 1971 it was equipped with plastic mattings for summer jumping. The "Schanze der Jugend" had been used until 1989, highlights were several district championships, summer competitions, as well as junior Spartakiads. After the German reunification the ski jumping hill was given up and became a ruin. It was finally dismantled in 2000.