|Hill record:||33.5 m (Karl-Heinz Heinrich )|
|Year of construction:||1955|
|Ski club:||BSG Stahl Maxhütte Goßwitz|
|Coordinates:||50.634494, 11.469892 ✔|
Within the scope of the national integration in former GDR (Nationales Aufbauwerk, NAW), the eager wintersportsmen of "Betriebssportgemeinschaft Stahl" at Großwitz, supported by apprentices of the mining school of neighbouring iron ore mine Kamsdorf, constructed the ski jumping hill at Wutschetal in the years 1955-56.
The massive ski jumping hill had an 8 meter high inrun tower, which was made from scum stones supplied by Maxhütte Unterwellenborn. This large iron smelting factory supported several sourrounding sports clubs and thus organized sports activities in the region in general.
When the independent wintersport section of BSG Großwitz was founded in 1961, a number ski jumping competitions was initiated, such as the challenge cup of BSG and club events with guests from Triebes, Lobenstein and Kamsdorf. The highlight of the ski club during that period was the organization of the children's and youth Spartakiade of Saalfeld district in 1963.
Though the ski jump was very popular during strong winters, ski jumping enthusiasm declined quite fast and already in 1969 the hill only offered a sad sight. In fall 1976 it was blown up by a cloak-and-dagger operation during a traing run of the Maxhütte Unterwellenborn group.