|Year of construction:||1935|
|Year of destruction:||1956|
|Ski club:||WSV & Fortuna Friedrichroda|
|Coordinates:||50.839051, 10.554997 ✔|
The first ski jumping hill at Friedrichroda shall have existed already before 1909 and after that a new jumping hill was set up at "Enderswiese", which however this 20 m hill did not fulfill higher standards. In the following decades wintersports club, tourism sector, as well as town representatives made several attempts of constructing a larger ski jumping hill, in order to increase attractivity as a winter holiday destination. Different locations and Körnberg, in "Kühle Tal" and Regenberg were selected and projected, but due to various reasons they all failled.
In contrast to ski jumping, bobsleigh and luge had a long and grown tradition in the town, Friedrichroda is even considered as the cradle of these sports in Germany, and thus ski jumping was never promoted so much. Spießbergbahn, which is still today used as a natural track for luge competitions, was already established in 1909.
However, there has been a smaller ski jumping hill, which was located above the upper S-curve of the luge track in Friedrichsrodaer Grund. It is not known whether it was built as part of wintersports activities of Hitler Jugend or by the wintersports club. However, it is clear that it was built in mid 1930's and revived after World War II by 1948 newly founded sports association Fortuna Friedrichroda and its skiing division.
The ski jumping hill in "Grund" existed until 1956, but no mentionable competitions had been held there. When plastic mattings for ski jumping hills were invented in GDR in 1956, production started at VEB Elaston in Friedrichroda, and the company wanted to build a small demonstration hill, but this project also failed.