|Hill record:||45.0 m (Walter Wagner )|
|Year of construction:||1935|
|Ski club:||VfL / BSG Chemie Frauenwald|
|Coordinates:||50.590095, 10.861388 ✔|
Immediately at the beginning of Frauenwald, a small town in Thuringia east of Suhl, once the Rennsteigschanze was standing, which was built up in 1933/34 in so-called “emergency works”. In these years there was a very high unemployment rate and so with this form of tasks in the national-socialist period this ski jumping hill was built up. The wooden inrun tower was set up, the takeoff bombed out of the rocks, the upper landing hill prepared with soil and the radius curved out. On December 26, 1935 the 40-meter-hill of the ski section of VfL Frauenwald was opened. After that every winter local and regional winter sport festivals and also district championships were hosted and a hill record of 45 meters set up by Walter Wagner from Oberschönau.
After 1945 the new-founded BSG Chemie Frauenwald took care of the ski jump, renewed it and people were jumping again on Rennsteig- schanze until 1953. Unfortunately then this sport fade out. Around 1960 there were nearly only alpine skiers at Frauenwald, who rode on the downhill slope next to the hill. With the development of and concentration on the surrounding large winter sport clubs like Oberhof, Schmiedefeld or Lauscha many smaller village hills declined. In the 1980’s there was again a smaller Plastic covered K10 hill was built up at Frauenwald, but after the revolution 1989 the end of ski jumping was declared.