Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-10-26

CHNLaiyuan   NEW!

CHNZhangjiakou

CHNJilin

LATOgrē

FRA-JParis   NEW!

2020-10-25

ITAToblach

2020-10-24

GER-BYWiggensbach   NEW!

2020-10-23

FRA-JParis   NEW!

AUT-TAmlach

FIN-ESMyllykoski   NEW!

2020-10-22

GER-SNGrüna

2020-10-21

ITASestriere

CZE-LJanov nad Nisou

CZE-ZChvalčov

CZE-MRýmařov

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-THFloh-Seligenthal

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Comments

.

Schanze der Jugend:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 48.0 m (Kurt Amberg DDR)
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1951
Operating until: 1958
Year of destruction: 1958
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 50.769341, 10.467452 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Schanzen am Tennelberg:

K-Point: 25 m
Further jumps: K15
Plastic matting: yes
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 50.769205, 10.467710 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Ski club: Wintersportverein "Schneestern" Seligenthal e.V.
Coordinates: 50.769205, 10.467710 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Quite a few activists started building the Schanze der Jugend (Ski Jump of the youth) on their own at the beginning of the 1950's. The opening competition took place on January 24th 1952. One of the most famous participants in that competition was Hans Renner, who had a big influence on ski jumping in the former GDR. He was still active at that time and even jumped the first hill record.
More very well-known names who competed in Seligenthal were Helmut Recknagel, Werner Lesser and Harry Glass. But it was Kurt Amberg from Pappenheim (nowadays Kleinschmalkalden), who jumped the last valid hill record of 48 meters.
In the night from 31st July to 1st August 1958, the wooden inrun tower collapsed following a heavy thunderstorm. This marked the end of the short history of the ski jump. Relicts of the tower-fundaments and the take-off are still visible. Furthermore, an information board at the hiking track "Gieselsberg - Stahlberg - Tennelberg" keeps the memories of the ski jump.
The smaller hills were even equipped with plastic mattings. The take-off of the K15 is still existing as well as the fundament of the judges' tower next to the K25.

to top

Hill records K50 (Men):

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com