Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-06-14

NOR-50Leksvik

NOR-46Førde

CAN-ABCalgary

SVKPovažská Bystrica   NEW!

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!

RUS-DAlexandrovsk-Sakhalinsky

USA-NDDevils Lake

2024-06-13

NOR-08Rjukan   NEW!

USA-CODenver

NOR-46Naustdal

2024-06-12

NOR-34Folldal   NEW!

NOR-06Kongsberg

NOR-03Oslo

NOR-20Kirkenes   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum

GERGER-THFehrenbach

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Pionierschanze am Adelsberg:

K-Point: 25 m
Further jumps: K14
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1972

Sprungschanze am Eulenhügel:

K-Point: 20 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1957
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: BSG Chemie Fehrenbach
Coordinates: 50.499841, 10.942115 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

There were two important sports events in the small Thuringian town Fehrenbach in 1957: the first squad of the football team qualified for the district league and wintersports enthusiasts built their ski jumping hill at Eulenhügel. The ski jumpers, who had so far only been training and organizing wintersports festivals on snow hills, it was a special challenge.
The ski jumping hill was hand-built by athletes, teachers and teenagers from the village und especially soil works on the landing hill where demanding physical exertion, since soil had to be carried up inside boxes and baskets. Completed by a wooden inrun structure, the hill was inaugurated in 1958. For many years training with kids and teenagers had then been managed by Herbert Rexhäuser.
The wintersport section of BSG Chemie started with the construction of a new pioneer hill at Adelsberg in 1971, since the ski jumpt at Eulenhügel did not fulfill the demands anymore. The plastic covered ski jump was inaugurated in 1972 and now also allowed summer training of the young athletes. The best ski jumpers then also competed in district championships and the Spartakiade. An additional smaller K14 hill was built in 1980.
After the reunification just like anywhere else the structures of authorities in districts declined and it was the same at Fehrenbach. So the ski jumping hills were dismantled after a few years.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com