Recent news:

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-05-19

SUI-02Grenchen   NEW!

POL-KSkawica

2022-05-18

POL-DŚwieradów-Zdrój   NEW!

POL-DKarpacz   NEW!

NOR-50Viggja

SLOŽiri

LATOgrē

LATOgrē

LATSigulda

LATTalsi

2022-05-17

POL-SBielsko-Biała

SLOOtlica

2022-05-09

GER-THPiesau   NEW!

FRA-VMegève

GER-THGeraberg

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-THFarnroda

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Rehbergschanze:

K-Point: 20 m
Men Winter Hill record: 23.0 m (M. Danz DDR)
Plastic matting: no
Year of destruction: 1963
Coordinates: 50.945935, 10.404058 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
K-Point: 12 m
Plastic matting: yes
Conversions: 1976
Coordinates: 50.945809, 10.403884 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Year of construction: 1950
Year of destruction: 1990
Status: destroyed
Ski club: BSG Petkus Farnroda
Coordinates: 50.945935, 10.404058 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In the time after World War II the first ski jumps were performed on a small un-profiled natural hill in the forest of Rehberg at Farnroda in 1948. The small ski club of Farnroda was founded with only ten members in 1949 and then integrated into BSG Petkus Wutha.
With the help of an American aircraft tank dumped in the war and a cable winch the profile of a new ski jump was formed in painful manual labour on a gifted slopy meadow at Rehberg and boles were used to built the inrun tower of Rehbergschanze. The ski jump was inaugurated in winter 1950-51 and regularily used for training and competitions. The highlight was the organisation of district championships in 1954. Most famous ski jumper who competed here as a youngster was Dieter Neuendorf from Ruhla, who later was known to be one of GDR's best jumpers in these days.
After a spring storm had torn down the inrun tower in 1963, only the smaller ski jumps was still used. It was renewed in 1976 and covered with plastic mattings supplied by neighbouring WSC 07 Ruhla.
When reassignment claims of an ancestor of the former estate owner were demanded after the re-unification in 1990, ski jumping activities ended. Interessted children were then trained by WSC 07 Ruhla. Remained has only the skiing hut built in the outrun in 1951, which is still used by the ski and hiking club of Farnroda.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com