Recent news:

Spectacular new complex in Shchuchinsk inaugurated

Another two ski jumps closed: is this the end of ski jumping in Harrachov?

FIS Congress 2018: New future perspectives for Nordic Skiing

Planica 7 – More than just a final

The 38th Forum Nordicum in Klingenthal (Deutschland) - What is important for the Olympic winter?


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:


ITAPonte di Legno   NEW!

ITAPonte di Legno





CZE-AStrančice   NEW!

USA-MICrystal Falls   NEW!


USA-MICadillac   NEW!


USA-MIGrayling   NEW!

SUISt. Moritz

CZE-LJilemnice   NEW!





Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum


Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments



Hill Size: HS 67
K-Point: 63 m
Men Winter Hill record: 72.0 m
Men Summer Hill record: 68.0 m (Pascal Steinert GER, 2017-09-03)
Ladies Summer Hill record: 53.5 m (Jani Felten GER, 2007-09-08)
Inrun length: 59.2 m
Inrun angle: 35°
Take-off length: 5.3 m
Take-off angle: 9.5°
Take-off height: 2.5 m
Speed: 74.8 km/h
Landing angle: 35°
Hill certificate: Hill certificate
K-Point: 35 m
Men Summer Hill record: 37.0 m (Jannik Semlitsch GER, 2012-09-01)
Year of construction: 1963
Conversions: 1972, 1978, 1994, 2015-2018
Further jumps: K18, K8, K4
Status: operating
Plastic matting: yes
Ski club: SK Wernigerode

to top


The first ski jumping hill at Wernigerode in Saxony-Anhalt was set up by young skiers at Bibenstal in winter 1909. Only in 1924 the SK Wernigerode started there with the construction of a permanent ski jump. At the opening competition in 1926 1,500 spectators attended the first record jump of Rudi Stahlmann on 23.5 meters. Until the beginning of World War II and afterwards from 1950’s onwards the ski jump was frequently used for practising and competitions in winter time. In 1958 even 3,000 spectators attended a night competition under floodlights on the 40 meter hill, but in early 1960’s it became ramshackle.
After 3 years of construction time opening ceremony of the plastic covered ski jump at Zwölfmorgental took place in 1963. Then a modernizing conversion with the enlargement of the inrun followed, as well as the construction of the smaller ski jumping hills. In 1978 the take-off was moved backwards. In these days many international events and GDR jumping team competitions were hosted at Zwölmorgental. The latest conversion to a K63 according to newest FIS rules was from 1994 to 1996 and additional the four jumps K63, K35, K18 and K7 were covered with new plastic mattings. Since it has been the largest facility of the ski federation of Saxony-Anhalt in Zwölfmorgental. In 2005 a hotel was added into the complex of the jumps.
In summer 2014 the funds for a modernization of the ski jumping facility at Zwölfmorgental were granted by the sports minister. First the K18 (2016) and then the K63 (2017) hills were converted and covered with new plastic mattings. Works on the K35 hill are still in progress.

to top

Hill records K63 (Men):

to top


to top


to top


to top

Photo gallery:


to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link
3)   Stephanie Stoischek   wrote on 2017-05-20 at 22:35:

Die sanierte Schanze sollte eigentlich am 10. Juni '17 eingeweiht werden. Hoffentlich kommt es aufgrund der Unwetter nicht noch einmal zu Verzögerungen. Das wäre so schade.

2)   Robin Kirchhoff   wrote on 2014-03-10 at 21:04:

Der Schanzenrekord liegt bei 41m.;)

1)   Robin Kirchhoff   wrote on 2014-03-10 at 21:00:

Ab dem Jahr 2014 wird die 63m Schanze aufgrund eines verfaulten Schanzenauslaufs für rund eine halbe Million Euro saniert.

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2018