Recent news:

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

"A decisive step": Inrun tower of the Rothaus-Schanze to be modernized

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-07-16

NOR-10Kristiansand

GER-BEBerlin

2019-07-15

NOR-06Vikersund

RUSSortavala

GER-NIAltenau

GER-NIAltenau

NOR-02Rælingen

FRA-UBeuil

SVKSielnica

2019-07-14

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

2019-07-13

NOR-08Nordagutu

NOR-08Skien

NOR-12Voss

NOR-09Vegårshei

NOR-04Våler

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-STTanne

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Schanze des Friedens / Harzlandschanze:

K-Point: 70 m
Men Winter Hill record: 72.0 m (Werner Freystein DDR, 1956)
Further jumps: K40
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1949
Conversions: 1955, 1958
Year of destruction: 1964

Schanze am Kapitelsberg:

K-Point: 40 m
Further jumps: K20
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1926
Conversions: 1938
Year of destruction: 1940
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SV Harzfalke Tanne

to top

History:

Tanne was already early a ski jumping stronghold in Harz mountains. Already in 1924 Ski-Club Tanne was founded and on 1926-12-26 the first ski jumping hill, a K60, was inaugurated. It was located at the western slope of Kapitelberg. It had been used for ski jumping until end of 1930's, activities ended around 1940.
After the end of World War II the ski club was re-founded and in 1949 the construction of a 70 meter hill at the north-western slope of Kapitelberg started. The new facility was inaugurated in 1950 and named “Schanze des Friedens“ (ski jump of peace). It was the largest natural ski jump of Saxony Anhalt at that time.
Directly besides K70 a K40 hill was built in 1955. Both hills got a plastic covering in 1958. In the same year the winter sports festival of Magdeburg district was held on the hills. From 1960 onwards the ski jumping facility was called “Harzlandschanze“.
After the NVA set up a shooting range at the location of the hills in 1962-63, they were part of a military area and had to be torn down by 1964. Even in the peak times of ski jumping the hills were hardly used, since they were very steep. Ski jumpers even called them “bone smasher hills“. Today only the relicts of the foundations of the inrun tower (photo from 1960) and the judges tower are visible.

Text: translated from Ralf Sommer (schanzenfotos.de)

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com