|Hill record:||48.5 m (Axel Jungk , 2004)|
|Year of construction:||1950|
|Hill record:||26.0 m|
|Year of construction:||1975|
|Year of construction:||1979|
|Conversions:||1985, 1992, 2013|
|Ski club:||SV Nordisch/Alpine Zschopau|
The first ski jump at Zschopau, the Hörkelbachtalschanze K25, was inaugurated on 1933-01-29 and used until 1945. It had a wooden inrun tower, which was destroyed after World War II in order to gain some firing wood and then also the landing hill was filled up with soil. Before yearly town championships were held on it.
After World War II Hörkelbachtalschanze was used again for some time, but then in 1948 the very hard construction of a new ski jumping hill began. Then in 1950 the Zschopenbergschanze could finally be opened and the first hill record was set on 36 m. Beside the ski jump, which was also called “Schanze am Schlachthof”, a smaller K24 hill was built in 1975 and in 1979 the mini ski jump K15 could be completed. In 1985 all jumps were renewed and in 1992 the K44 hill could be covered with plastic mattings and was equipped with a glass inrun track.
In October 202 it was decided on a 123,000 Euro expensive restoration of the ski jumping hill facility. Until end of 2013 the plastic covering of all three hills will be renewed and the landing slopes of the two bigger hills are combined together.