Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-12-02

POL-SKoniaków

2020-12-01

SWELos   NEW!

SWEArvika

SWENässjö

SWEJokkmokk

SWEDals Långed

GER-SNSebnitz

GER-THGeraberg

GER-SNRöthenbach

2020-11-30

RUSUstyuzhna   NEW!

RUSGlazov   NEW!

RUSLayskaya   NEW!

RUSPetrozavodsk   NEW!

RUSOnega   NEW!

SLOIhan

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNStützengrün

Raumschanzen

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Articles | Comments

.

Raumschanzen:

K-Point: 30 m
Men Summer Hill record: 29.5 m (Fabian Schmidt GER, 2012-06-29)
Further jumps: K15, K8
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1978
Conversions: 1986, 2008-2012
Status: operating
Coordinates: 50.524219, 12.554816 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Ski club: Skiverein Stützengrün
Coordinates: 50.524219, 12.554816 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

At the winter sports festival 1950/51 everything began, as sportsman Rudi Weigel made his debut with downhill, slalom and ski jumping around the guesthouse Hoyer.
Skiers at the beginning and builders of the Weißbachtalschanze were Tröger Dieter, Neumann Gerhard, Dorn Ludwig, Leistner Dieter, Fritsch Harry, Klötzer Heinz, Wappler Heini and Markert Wilfried, just to name some of the many helpers from Stützengrün and surroundings. On January 27th, 1952 the Weißbachtalschanze was opened by the first jump of Rudi Weigel, hill record was at 33 meters.
The chairman of BSG Aufbau Stützengrün Herbert Weck initiated the foundation of a skiing department in 1957. Rudi was department leader and coach in personal union. Not much later the first big project was realized. In 1958 the Weißbachtalschanze was converted with the help of many friends of the club, football players, winter sportsmen and the local brush manufacture. A new hill record of 53 m on the largest ski jump in the region of Aue was made possible. In these years the first complete team was set up. The vehicle of the section was a blue “Framo” with canvas cover of the Konsum brush manufacture. Also the dress code became more modern with synthetic stretch trousers and blue skiing pullovers with a snow crystal on chest and upper arms. These pullovers jerseys were knitted in hard handwork by Reichel Günter and his family. In 1961 Zachor Peter was send to Johanngeorgenstadt due to his talent and good performances.
After that in 1975 a smaller ski jump behind the butcher Ebert with plastic mattings for the practising of the children was built.
In the 1980’s ski jumping became more and more popular, because of the construction of the jumps at the public pool in 1978. This facility, the Raumschanze, could be covered with plastic mattings in 1986 and people could practise all year long. Unfortunately the old Weißbachtalschanze was destroyed with the construction of the dam at Eibenstock.
In July 2008 the destruction of the two Raumschanzen K20 and K12 had started in order to have three jumps K30, K15 and K8 ready in 2009. But the modernization of the inrun tower, displacement and renewal of the take-off and shaping of a completely new and larger hill profile delayd for a while and so the new plastic covered K30 ski jump could be completed only by late fall 2010. The works on K15 and K8 were still going on until 2011-2012. The official inauguration on June 23, 2012 was a great achievement for the SV Stützengrün and prepares the club for a bright future.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:

to top

Articles:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com