Recent news:

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-05-18

LATOgrē

LATOgrē

LATSigulda

LATTalsi

2022-05-17

POL-SBielsko-Biała

SLOOtlica

2022-05-09

GER-THPiesau   NEW!

FRA-VMegève

GER-THGeraberg

2022-04-27

LATTukums

2022-04-25

FIN-OLPudasjärvi

FIN-OLPudasjärvi   NEW!

2022-04-13

CZE-LHarrachov

CZE-LLomnice nad Popelkou

CZE-LHarrachov

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum

GERGER-SNSeiffen

Seiffengrund

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Aufbauschanze:

K-Point: 41 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1955
Conversions: 1956, 1961
Year of destruction: 1974
Status: destroyed
Ski club: WSV Seiffen
Coordinates: 50.647127, 13.441310 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Around 1925 the Schanze am Reicheltberg with a wooden inrun tower shall have been constructed in the spa resort Seiffen in Erz mountains. This ski jump had been used for jumping until the late 1930s with distances of around 20 meters being reached.
It took very long after World War II to reanimate ski jumping sports at Seiffen. However, in 1954-55 the new Aufbauschanze at Seiffengrund could be completed. It was inaugurated on February 6, 1955 with an attendance of 3000 spectators. Already in October 1956 the hill was converted. In 1961, the 35-meter hill with a wooden inrun construction was even covered with plastic mattings and inaugurated on November 23. However, already in October 1966 it was closed for competition use. Nevertheless, training activities there continued for a few years, until the wooden inrun tower was dismantled in 1974. Today, the skiing cabin at the jump only serves as a material hut.
Tthe K24 Jugendschanze with plastic covering at Schwartenbergweg was built in 1973-74. One year later the K17 hill followed and in 1977 the K10. In 1988, even the construction of an additional 50-meter hill started, but already in the following year the works stopped and this project was never finished. During renovation works on the extension of the outrun, the excavator dug onto a mouth-hole of an old mining tunnel. The tunnel collapsed and on July 2, 1997 the junior hills had to be deconstructed. Still today the judges' tower and the never completed take-off structure of the 60-meter hill are visible.

Archive: Sportarchiv Seiffen / Detlef Strehlow

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com