Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-09-29

NOR-30Ski

AUT-OOWindischgarsten

AUT-OOWindischgarsten   NEW!

2022-09-28

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

CZE-JNové Město na Moravě

NOR-30Ski

2022-09-27

CZE-JSvratka

NOR-30Bærum

2022-09-26

FRA-VChamonix

SLOKranj

GER-STWippra

NOR-30Lommedalen

2022-09-25

USA-WIWashburn

AUT-STRamsau

NOR-50Trondheim

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum

GERGER-SNSeiffen

Reicheltberg

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Schanze am Reicheltberg:

K-Point: 20 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1925
Operating until: 1939
Status: destroyed
Ski club: WSV Seiffen
Coordinates: 50.646882, 13.441202 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

Around 1925 the Schanze am Reicheltberg with a wooden inrun tower shall have been constructed in the spa resort Seiffen in Erz mountains. This ski jump had been used for jumping until the late 1930s with distances of around 20 meters being reached.
It took very long after World War II to reanimate ski jumping sports at Seiffen. However, in 1954-55 the new Aufbauschanze at Seiffengrund could be completed. It was inaugurated on February 6, 1955 with an attendance of 3000 spectators. Already in October 1956 the hill was converted. In 1961, the 35-meter hill with a wooden inrun construction was even covered with plastic mattings and inaugurated on November 23. However, already in October 1966 it was closed for competition use. Nevertheless, training activities there continued for a few years, until the wooden inrun tower was dismantled in 1974. Today, the skiing cabin at the jump only serves as a material hut.
Tthe K24 Jugendschanze with plastic covering at Schwartenbergweg was built in 1973-74. One year later the K17 hill followed and in 1977 the K10. In 1988, even the construction of an additional 50-meter hill started, but already in the following year the works stopped and this project was never finished. During renovation works on the extension of the outrun, the excavator dug onto a mouth-hole of an old mining tunnel. The tunnel collapsed and on July 2, 1997 the junior hills had to be deconstructed. Still today the judges' tower and the never completed take-off structure of the 60-meter hill are visible.

Archive: Sportarchiv Seiffen / Detlef Strehlow

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com