Recent news:

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-08-18

GER-SNRodewisch

2019-08-17

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-16

ISLSiglufjörður   NEW!

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-15

GER-SNKlingenthal

CZE-LLiberec

2019-08-14

GER-NWNiedersfeld   NEW!

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-13

SLOVelenje

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-12

GER-SNKlingenthal

2019-08-11

NOR-06Vikersund

GER-SNStöckigt   NEW!

CZE-BHořice

AUT-TLienz   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNSehmatal-Neudorf

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Wismutschanze:

K-Point: 35 m
Men Winter Hill record: 44.0 m (M. Kossmann DDR)
Year of construction: 1948
Year of destruction: 1965

Schülerschanzen in der Vierenstaße:

K-Point: 25 m
Further jumps: K15
Year of construction: 1972
Year of destruction: 1990
Further jumps: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SV / BSG Wismut Neudorf

to top

History:

Neudorf in the Saxonian county Annaberg is not far of the winter sports centre of Oberwiesenthal.
The Wismutschanze was built in the time of SDAG Wismut in 1948/49, which was the Soviet-German Corporation which was responsible for the mining for Uranium ore in this area, that was by the way only transported into the USSR. With the upraise of this mining industry in the Erzgebirge many cultural and sportive facilities were built up, just as the ski jumping hills in Vierenstraße.
The ski jumpers of the BSG Wismut Neudorf created an about 8 m high wooden inrun tower and therewith jumps on up to 45 m meters were possible on the hill which was at that time also called Erzhammerschanze. In the years after the war many winter competitions took place regularly, but in 1965 the dilapidated facility had to be removed. In 1972 a smaller K25 and a K10 hill with plastic covering and steel pipe constructions were built.
Unfortunately ski jumping at Neudorf declined totally until 1989/90 and finally in 1999 the plastic covering was removed.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com