Recent news:

4000th facility has been added to the Ski Jumping Hill Archive

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2024-07-18

AUT-TKufstein

2024-07-17

FIN-ESSääskjärvi   NEW!

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-LSKiikala

FIN-ISNurmes

FIN-OLPudasjärvi

FIN-LLHirvaskoski

FIN-LLSalla   NEW!

FIN-LSPaimio

AUT-TSt. Johann in Tirol

2024-07-16

USA-NHPlainfield   NEW!

USA-MEWaterville   NEW!

USA-MIMunising   NEW!

USA-MIIronwood

USA-AKFort Greely

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNSchönheide

Weinberg

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Weinbergschanze (Karl-Eduard-Flemming-Schanze):

K-Point: 23 m
Men Winter Hill record: 29.0 m (Rainer Spor DDR)
Further jumps: K16, K10
Plastic matting: yes
Year of construction: 1928
Conversions: 1975
Year of destruction: 1990
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SV Schönheide
Coordinates: 50.499306, 12.509000 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The very first ski jump at Schönheide in Erz Mountains was inaugurated in 1928 with Karl-Eduard-Flemming-Schanze, named after the estate owner, on whose lands the jump had been constructed. First record holder with 11 meters was Walther Glaß (Klingenthal).
From end of 1930’s to 1975 this Weinbergschanze had been constantly converted and enlarged, until it was shaped in its final form in 1975. The last hill record was set up by local hero Rainer Spor from Schönheide with 29 meters. The facility with K23 and K16 had a wooden inrun tower and plastic covering, but already in 1990 it was destructed.
In 1980s there was planned a 70-meter hill at Kuhberg and even the first soil works had started, but then after a change of major, the project was canceled.
Additionally, between 1950 and 1965 there was also “Schanze der Jugend” at Wilzschhaus.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2024
www.skijumpinghills.com