Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-07-01

SLOJavorovica   NEW!

SWE-22Sjöbo   NEW!

SWE-21Tranås    NEW!

SLODrča   NEW!

ITAPredazzo   NEW!

SWE-23Hindås

POL-KJawornik

USA-UTPark City

FRA-VCourchevel

FRA-VLes Contamines

FRA-ILes Rousses

GER-BYBerchtesgaden

2022-06-30

GER-SNJohanngeorgenstadt

2022-06-29

AUT-OOBad Ischl

AUT-OOHinzenbach

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNSayda

Data | History | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Schanze der Freundschaft:

K-Point: 40 m
Year of construction: 1948
Year of destruction: 1960

Jahnschanze:

K-Point: 25 m
Year of construction: 1927
Conversions: 1940, 1972
Year of destruction: 1978
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: BSG Einheit Sayda
Coordinates: 50.711720, 13.422192 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The Jahnschanze, wich was built at the end of Sayda in the direction of Ullersdorf, was constructed in 1927/28 and inaugurated on 1928-01-22. It had a natural inrun and its K-Point was about 25 meters. At the beginning of 1940’s a wooden inrun tower was constructed, which had to be fixed several times in the years following World War II. Mainly children and teen competitions took place on it and in 1972 the local PGH Blitzschutz supported the construction of a steel-made inrun. The very last competition is said to have taken place in 1978, because ski jumping was declining in this years due to several reasons and the sportsmen of the club BSG Einheit Sayda the mainly performed cross-country skiing.
Another 40-meter ski jump was built in 1948/49 with “Schanze der Freundschaft” in Mörtelgrund of Sayda and inauguration was in 1950. Unfortunately this jump with a over 10 meters high wooden inrun construction only stood for about ten years and was demolished in 1960.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com