Recent news:

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-02-18

NOR-16Orkdal

GER-THHeyerode   NEW!

GER-THApolda

2020-02-15

AUT-STBad Mitterndorf

2020-02-12

CZE-CHeřmaň   NEW!

2020-02-10

CZE-PČeská Kubice   NEW!

CZE-ZValašské Klobouky

SVKTatranská Polianka

FIN-LSHarjavalta

FIN-ISSiilinjärvi

2020-02-09

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-ESHelsinki   NEW!

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-ESHelsinki

FIN-ESHelsinki   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNOlbernhau

Data | History | Map | Comments

.

Rungstocktalschanze:

K-Point: 30 m
Year of construction: 1953
Conversions: 1964
Year of destruction: 1980

Pötzl-Schanze:

K-Point: 16 m
Tower height: 4 m
Inrun length: 65 m
Inrun angle: 26°
Take-off length: 3 m
Take-off height: 1.8 m
Landing angle: 29°
Year of construction: 1922
Out of operation since: ca. 1938
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: WSV Olbernhau, BSG Einheit Olbernhau

to top

History:

The first ski jumping hill in Olbernhau was planned and built by the local construction company of Josef Pötzl. It was inaugurated on December 22, 1922, but during the first two winters of its operation it was not officially approved by the local authorities, since build permits, agreements of land owners and usage contracts could not be provided. With the founding of the youth ski section of WSV Olbernhau in 1926 it was finally approved.
The natural hill had a wooden take-off and a small inrun structure at the top. The ski jump was located at a part of the town called "Dörfel" and had a 65 m long natural inrun; the landing hill and outrun was around 190 meters long. The profile of the hill stretched over 3 land parcels, crossed Heidenweg and then ended just before the train tracks.
The hill was later named after its constructor as Pötzl-Schanze and used until end of 1930s. A fun fact worth mentioning is that the ski jumping hill at Fichtelberg in Oberwiesenthal was also constructed by the Pötzel company from Olbernhau from 1936 to 1938.
After World War II, BSG Einheit Olbernhau was founded in 1953 with a winter sports section and at the same time a small ski jumping hill was set up at Rungstock valley close to the quarry. Competitions were hosted there regularly during 1950s. Based on the active ski jumpers of the ski club, a larger 30 meter hill was set up at the quarry slope in 1964, including an inrun and a judges tower.
In those days, skiers from Olbernhau also participated in nordic competitions on district level, but when the promotion of young athletes was concentrated into training centers by DTSB in 1972, the activities of the club faded. Furthermore, in the same year the ski lift at Frankenwarte was opened and leisure skiing activities focused more on alpine skiing then. Rungstocktalschanze existed until 1980 and was then deconstructed.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com