Recent news:

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-12-09

UKRSlavske

UKRLviv

2019-12-08

FIN-LSSuolahti

FIN-OLTaivalkoski

RUSMoskva

AUT-SSchwarzach im Pongau

USA-MINegaunee   NEW!

GER-SNJohanngeorgenstadt

GER-BWMehrstetten

DANSøllerød

ITATarvisio

KORPyeongChang

2019-12-07

NOR-05Lillehammer

AUT-STBad Aussee

2019-12-06

JPN-01Nayoro

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum

GERGER-SNJöhstadt

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Comments

.

Glück-Auf-Schanze:

K-Point: 20 m
Men Winter Hill record: 23.0 m (A. Haustein GER)
23.0 m (H. Graupner GER)
Tower height: 4 m
Inrun length: 35 m
Inrun angle: 30°
Take-off height: 2 m
Landing angle: 28°
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1930
Year of destruction: 1957
Status: destroyed
Ski club: Skiclub Edelweß Jöhstadt

to top

History:

The ski jumping hill was planned in fall 1930 and inaugurated as "Glück-Auf-Schanze" by Skiclub Edelweiß Jöhstadt on December 28 of the same year. It was a grand wintersports festival with 800 participants from the region in several wintersports disciplines. The ski jump was built on the grounds of the Seifert sawmill, whose junior directer also performed the inaugural jump. The inrun tower was 4 m high, the take-off 2 m high, the inrun around 35 m long and about 30 degrees steep. The landing hill was 28 degrees steep, crossed the small Schwarzwasser river in the outrun and had a total length of 32 m.
The construction of the ski jumping hill boosted the attractivity of Jöhstadt as a wintersports destination and lead to an increase in tourism. The annual carnival competitions were very popular, as well as double-jumps carried our during local events. After World War II ski jumping activities resumed, just like in many other towns in Erz mountains, but the wooden hill was dilapidating more and more and had to be removed in 1957. Though a few attempts had been made by BSG Traktor Jöhstadt in the following years, the ski jumping hill was never reconstructed.

to top

Hill records K20 (Men):

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com