Recent news:

7000th ski jumping hill added to the Archive!

New Granåsen ski jump in Trondheim inaugurated

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!

Latest updates:


NOR-50Trondheim   NEW!

NOR-30Hurdal   NEW!

NOR-34Braskereidfoss   NEW!

NOR-34Brumunddal   NEW!

NOR-34Mo   NEW!



NOR-38Skien   NEW!

NOR-34Os i Østerdalen   NEW!

NOR-30Nittedal   NEW!

NOR-34Rendalen   NEW!

NOR-50Snåsa   NEW!

NOR-30Maura   NEW!








Peter Riedel Sports Technology

Skispringen-Community Forum



Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Comments


Naturschanze an der Dreitelle:

K-Point: ca. 80 m
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1953
Status: project not realized
Coordinates: 50.736994, 13.604042 Google Maps OpenStreetMap


K-Point: ca. 25 m
Men Winter Hill record: 28.0 m
Year of construction: 1934
Conversions: 1963
Operating until: ca. 1975
Coordinates: 50.7291148, 13.5894248 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

Schanze auf der Steinkuppe:

K-Point: ca. 20 m
Year of construction: 1925
Conversions: 1968/69
Operating until: ca. 1979
Coordinates: 50.7200332, 13.5988045 Google Maps OpenStreetMap
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SG Holzhau
Coordinates: 50.7291148, 13.5894248 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top


The first ski jump in Saxonian Holzhau was built after 1925 by the Rudolph family and most likely also members of the swimm and ski club of Freiberg. It was located on the Steinkuppe mountain and allowed distances up to 27 meters. The inrun tower stood until 1942/43 until it was destroyed by strong winds. It took until 1968/69 until a smaller tower was built at the same place with support from the community and the forestry. However, it had no take-off, so it had to be made of snow every time people wanted to jump. But this happened only occasionally and stopped at the end of the 1970s.
Anyway, the Gastbergschanze was slightly more popular. It was constructed in 1933 and 1934 next to the guesthouse and café Gast. It was centrally located, which became an obstacle at the construction. Due to a power line running over it, it could not be built in accordance with standards. Nevertheless, the district championships of the Brand-Erbisdorf district were held twice in the school and youth classes. Until 1968, a carnival jumping event was held almost every year, during which the participants wore costumes and sometimes went off the hill in a double jump. In the years that followed, however, the scaffolding became increasingly unstable and the use of the jumping hill was therefore discontinued.
As early as 1953, interested local residents and Johannes Kamprath, who had been the leaseholder of the Torfhaus since 1921, were considering the construction of a natural ski jump in the side valley at the Dreitelle. With a jumping distance of about 80 metres, it would have been one of the largest in the former GDR. However, the application for a building permit was rejected.
The memories of the glorious ski jumping days in Holzhau are still kept alive: Tourists can read more about it on a place next to the Mulde cycling trail.

to top


to top

Photo gallery:


to top


Post comment:

bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top

Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2023