Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-12-03

GER-NWLützel

2022-12-02

GER-NWErndtebrück

2022-12-01

GER-NWHainchen

2022-11-30

GER-NWRückershausen

2022-11-29

FRA-MGérardmer

AUT-TAxams   NEW!

2022-11-28

FRA-MXonrupt-Longemer

2022-11-27

SLOSveti Vid

2022-11-26

SLORavne na Koroškem

2022-11-25

SLOVrh nad Laškim

2022-11-24

SLOCelje

2022-11-23

SLOZlato Polje

2022-11-22

SLOMoravče

AUT-SDorfgastein   NEW!

AUT-TBiberwier   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNHohburg

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Ernst-Thälmann-Schanze:

K-Point: 29 m
Men Winter Hill record: 34.0 m (Armin Fischer DDR)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1950
Status: destroyed
Ski club: BSG Aktivist Hohburg
Coordinates: 51.421140, 12.798535 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In 1950 the strenuous skiers of Hohburg, a town in Muldental near Wurzen, had the idea to construct a ski jumping hill on the northern slope of Löbenberg (240 m). Supported by the former district administrator of Grimma they started there idealistic work with hoe and shovel. After the inrun tower was completed in autumn 1952, the up-coming winter was expected to come soon. More than 3000 spectators then travelled to the opening of the new jumping hill on January 11, 1953, which has organized as districtal winter sports championships. Before this event the new-cons­truc­ted hill was inaugurated as “Ernst Thälmann Schanze”. Later a judge’s tower was set up and in 1950’s and 60’s many championships of the districts Wurzen, Grimma, Delitzsch and Eilenburg were organized. After four winters with only few snow when no ski jumping competitions could be organized, the last competition was held in 1970 with a small number of participants. Afterwards the jumping hill was no more used and finally dismantled in 1975.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

1)   Jens Jahn   wrote on 2011-11-28 at 22:24:

Es gab auch noch eine K 12

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com