Recent news:

2500 ski jumping facilities now online!

The story behind the lost ski jumping hills in Poland

The ski jumping hill dictionary

More than 5000 ski jumping hills in our archives!

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2021-01-15

LATCēsis

2021-01-14

POL-RKrosno

2021-01-13

POL-KOchotnica Górna

2021-01-12

POL-KPoronin

2021-01-11

POL-KChochołów

2021-01-10

NOR-38Drangedal   NEW!

NOR-38Drangedal   NEW!

NOR-38Drangedal

NOR-38Drangedal   NEW!

NOR-38Drangedal   NEW!

NOR-38Drangedal   NEW!

FIN-LSKauhanoja

2021-01-09

NOR-38Drangedal   NEW!

NOR-38Drangedal   NEW!

NOR-38Drangedal   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNEbersbach-Neugersdorf

Waldschlösschen

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Waldschlösschenschanze:

K-Point: 15 m
Men Winter Hill record: 18.0 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1950
Year of destruction: 1975
Status: destroyed
Coordinates: 50.958599, 14.599485 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

In the municipal forest of Neugersdorf a small ski jumping hill had existed for around 25 years, located directly on the mead border to Seifhennersdorf. The name of the ski jumping hill originated from a day-tripper guesthouse called "Waldschlösschen" (forest castle), which was located nearby. An unused gravel pit served as landing hill and outrun of the hill. Winter sports enthusiasts from Neugersdorf had built the ski jumping hill in 1950 in only six weeks, and thus created a small, but frequently used facility for young ski jumpers. The hill record was 18 meters.
However, after the renovation of Kottmarschanze in 1968 interest and usage of this small ski jump declined. Activities of juniors were relocated to the beautiful skiing area at Kottmar in Eibau. Due to structural deficiency Waldschlösschenschanze had to be demolished in mid 1970's.
As long as the ski jump had existed, it had served as a center of attraction for many, mainly younger skiers during winter times. People who didn't dare to jump themselves could even use the landing hill for one or the other short downhill ride, or just watch ski jumpers racing down the jumping hill. Today the foundations of the former inrun and tower, which was around 8 meters high, are still visible. The former landing hill and outrun can only be guessed, since they had been filled up with building rubble over the years and a small forest has already grown on them.

Information and photos: Roland Rothe

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link
3)   Werner Stübner   wrote on 2020-05-04 at 16:41:

ehem. Skispringer

In der1.Klasse (1959)fuhr ich Sonnabend nach der Schule zur Schanze (als die Eltern noch arbeiten mußten) un sprang dre Mal (Gestanden/Sturz /Gestanden)danach habe ich mir auf dem glücklichen Heimweg die Ohren erfroren.

2)   Werner Stübner   wrote on 2020-05-04 at 13:04:

ehem. Skispringer

DEr Schutt vom Abriss der Wachtschenke wurde dort verkippt!

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2021
www.skijumpinghills.com