|Hill record:||24.0 m (Manfred Zimmermann , 1956)|
|Year of construction:||1953|
|Ski club:||BSG Traktor Bärenstein|
Already in 1924 a plan for the construction of a ski jumping hill on the "Leite" in Bärenstein near Altenberg in Eastern Erz Mountains was officially approved, but only realized in early 1950's. The sportsmen of the wintersports section of the company-facilitated sports group Traktor Bärenstein constructed Leitenschanze in many hours of voluntary work so it could be inaugurated in 1954.
Unfortunately the districtal authorities declined the usage of the natural ski jumping hill since there was no official approval anymore. Nevertheless a few club internal competitions were arranged. For training and competitions the local ski jumpers usually travelled to the ski jumps of surrounding towns Altenberg, Geising, Schellerhau and Oberbärenburg. From 1958 onwards Leitenschanze was not used anymore and then closed.