Recent news:

Fire destroys ski jumps in Biberau-Biberschlag

Copper Peak: Funding of the renovation finally secured

200 ski jumping facilities in the USA

The Ski Jumping Hill Archive reaches 3000 ski jumping sites!

New junior hills being developed in China

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2022-08-14

USA-UTSnowbasin

USA-UTSpruces

USA-CABig Bear Lake   NEW!

SLOPoljane nad Škofjo Loko

2022-08-13

SLOŽiri

2022-08-12

GER-SNKlingenthal

ITAPredazzo

NOR-30Bærum   NEW!

SLOKranj

2022-08-11

NOR-34Alvdal   NEW!

NOR-34Alvdal   NEW!

NOR-34Ridabu   NEW!

2022-08-10

SLODvorska vas   NEW!

NOR-34Trysil

NOR-34Trysil   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNBärenstein (Erzgebirge)

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Comments

.

Willi-Schanze:

K-Point: 52 m
Men Winter Hill record: 38.0 m
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1921
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC Christiana Bärenstein
Coordinates: 50.506902, 13.022941 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

The natural ski jumping hill at Bärenstein-Weipert, which was constructed by the local engineer Josef Pötzl, was inaugurated on February 25, 1923 after two years of constructing time. The jump was embedded in an artificially made wooden slope at the eastern side of Bärenstein (897 m) and consequently very protected from dangerous winds. Another nice feature was, that snow was still lying there at starting smelt weather and since competition where still held until early days of spring. At that time the jump was known as the steepest one in whole Saxony, but nevertheless it was very popular with ski jumpers. Until 1939 Bärenstein regularly hosted the Silver Cup of Willi-Schanze, where from time to time also members of the German national team started and in early 1930’s even Norway’s Birger Ruud was jumping.
After 1945 ski jumping was slowly coming back to life and there were well-frequented local competitions. The last tournament was held in 1959, afterwards the ski jumping hill dilapidated and the hill was used for alpine skiing. Today there is a ski lift on it.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2022
www.skijumpinghills.com