Recent news:

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-12-09

UKRVerkhovyna

SWESollentuna

PRKSamjiyŏn   NEW!

UKRSlavske

UKRLviv

2019-12-08

FIN-LSSuolahti

FIN-OLTaivalkoski

RUSMoskva

AUT-SSchwarzach im Pongau

USA-MINegaunee   NEW!

GER-SNJohanngeorgenstadt

GER-BWMehrstetten

DANSøllerød

ITATarvisio

KORPyeongChang

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-SNAue

Data | History | Hill records | Map | Comments

.

Heidelbergschanze:

K-Point: 50 m
Men Winter Hill record: 53.0 m (Heinz Poppa DDR)
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1935
Conversions: 1952
Year of destruction: 1965
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SV Aue, BSG Wismut Aue

to top

History:

In winter 1920-21 a big wintersports festival was held by Skiverein Aue with ski jumping events being staged at Heidelberg, where the ski jump was built after World War I. Distances were only around 18 meters and only in 1930 the larger 35 meter hill at Heidelberg was built in public relief works lead by Mr Christelsohn. Therfore a brick donation campaign was started in order to acquire enough funds and cover the expenses of the construction. In January 1940 the last wintersports festival was held and the last hill record was set up with 42 meters in 1938.
After the end of World War II skiing activities were kicked off again under the new club name BSG Pneumatik Aue (later BSG Wismut Aue). Of course the wooden structure of the ski jump take-off was seriously damaged through the war times and instead a massiv new one was built out of stone, which can still be recognized today. The enlarged ski jump also had a new wooden inrun tower and judges' towers on both sides of the slope, which were built with the support of the constructors union of Aue. But the outrun of the new hill was quite tricky, since the radius couldn't be shaped deeply enough due to the rocky subsoil and the length of the outrun was limited by a road.
In winters with lots of snow during the peak times of bismuth sourcing (1950 to 1965) the ski jumping hill was very well frequented. Afterwards it became more calm and ski jumping activities at Aue ended.

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com