Recent news:

Reconstruction of Średnia Krokiew at Zakopane completed

Works in Hinterzarten are resuming

Inrun tracks at Einsiedeln are renewed

Granåsen getting ready for WSC 2025

Ski Jumping World Cup to return to Iron Mountain

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2021-09-15

POL-KZakopane

2021-09-08

CAN-BCRevelstoke

NOR-34Odnes

2021-09-07

AUT-VDornbirn

2021-09-06

SLOSebenje

NOR-38Notodden   NEW!

NOR-34Elverum   NEW!

2021-09-03

NOR-34Brumunddal

GER-STWernigerode

2021-08-31

NOR-03Oslo   NEW!

NOR-34Os i Østerdalen   NEW!

2021-08-26

NOR-38Rjukan   NEW!

NOR-50Røros   NEW!

NOR-30Gjerdrum   NEW!

NOR-54Hammerfest   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-NWOberhundem

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Links | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

St. Lambertus-Schanze:

K-Point: 64 m
Men Winter Hill record: 71.0 m (Valerie Strucl GER)
Further jumps: K25
Plastic matting: no
Spectator capacity: 2,000
Year of construction: 1954
Conversions: ca. 1960
Operating until: ca. 1970
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SC Oberhundem
Coordinates: 51.090135, 8.197507 Google Maps OpenStreetMap

to top

History:

At Oberhundem in North Rhine-Westphalia a ski club was founded after World War II and soon people started with the construction of a ski jumping hill at Riesenberg (giant mountain, 720 m).
Especially for this project, a ski jumping hill committee consisting of nine persons (Karl Schulte-Schmelter, Josef Schulte-Brinker, Josef Krippendorf, Karl Kösters-Welterk, Heinrich Brüggemann, Hubert Hüttmann, Willi Böhning, Josef Schmelzer and Fritz Adler) was founded. Kösters-Welterk coordinated local duties and operations, while Alois Führt (also chairman of the ski club) contacted the West-German Ski Association and asked for knowledge of experts.
Construction supervisor became Rudolf Lesser, a former Olympian, who responsible for the realization of the plans, which have been verified by Heini Klopfer, who was the "ski jumping hill consultant" of the German Ski Association at that time. The construction of the K55 started in 1953 and on January 17th 1954, it was inaugurated as "St. Lambertus-Schanze" in front of 2,000 spectators. Back in the day, the ski jump was the biggest natural ski jump in West Germany.
In the early 1960's, it was enlarged to a K64. Therefor, the wooden inrun tower was removed in order to extend the natural inrun slope and the take-off was concreted.
In addition to that, a youth hill was also built. The construction costs of 57,000 German Mark were mainly paid by club members and activists, only 19,000 German Marks of loan and allowances were used.
Annually, the competitions of the "Josef Schmelzer Trophy" with well-known participants were held. The cup itself was finally owned by multiple winner Ulli Wolzenburg, who represented SC Rückershausen. The ski jumps were used until the early 1970's. During that period, also frequent competitions in the new discipline Nordic Combined took place.

to top

Contact:

to top

Links:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2021
www.skijumpinghills.com