Recent news:

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 in full swing!

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

2000 ski jumping facilities in the archive!

All or nothing: Braunlage tries to make the dream of a large hill become true

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2019-09-21

CZE-TDolní Lištná   NEW!

2019-09-20

GER-THBenshausen

JPN-01Bihoro

2019-09-19

GER-THKleinschmalkalden

2019-09-18

GER-THKleinschmalkalden

2019-09-17

SVKSvätý Jur

2019-09-16

SVKBratislava

2019-09-15

SVKBratislava

2019-09-14

CZE-ZValašská Bystřice

2019-09-13

SLOVelenje

CZE-ZMalá Lhota

2019-09-12

CZE-TOstravice

SWESkellefteå

SLOBraslovče

SLOLog pod Mangartom

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-NWNiedersfeld

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Comments

.

Rimbergschanze:

K-Point: 53 m
Men Winter Hill record: 62.0 m
Year of construction: 1924
Conversions: 1959
Out of operation since: 1968

Rosenthalschanze:

K-Point: 25 m
Year of construction: 1950
Out of operation since: 1970
Further jumps: no
Plastic matting: no
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SV / TuRa Niedersfeld

to top

History:

At Niedersfeld in Rothaat mountains, today part of Winterberg municipality, the first natural ski jumping hill at the foot of 764.5 m high Rimberg was built in 1924. Rimbergschanze was converted a few times, at last in 1959 by Heini Klopfer with a K-Point of 53 m. In 1962 and 1968 the Westgerman Nordic Ski Championships were held there. However, during the combined jumping event in 1968 a tragic accident happened, as distance judge Friedbert Schleimer was fatally hit by an adrift ski. As a consequence, the ski jump was then abandoned.
In 1950, Rosenthalschanze was built as an additional training and junior hill. Also this 30-meter hill was been out of use since 1970. To date, the remainings of both ski jumping hills are hardly visible anymore. In the former outrun of Rimbergschanze the Hillestausee reservoir was flooded in 1979.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2019
www.skijumpinghills.com