Recent news:

Normal hill in North Korea discovered!

Renovation of Inselbergschanze possible – future Ladies’ World Cups as well?

From Olympic to junior ski jumps: Construction works in full swing

Construction of Olympic ski jumps for Beijing 2022 makes progress

Nordic Ski World Championships 2021 in Oberstdorf: Conversion has started

more


Send us your ski jumping hill photos and information via email!


Latest updates:

2020-01-19

SWEGöteborg

SWESärna

FIN-ISKuopio

FIN-ESHämeenlinna

FIN-OLHaapajärvi

FIN-ISHaukivuori

FIN-ISJoensuu

FIN-ESJoutseno

FIN-LSJyväskylä

FIN-ESKerava

BIHTravnik

GEOBakuriani

GEOBakuriani

2020-01-18

ESTViljandi

ESTKolgaküla   NEW!

more



Advertisement:




Partner:

Peter Riedel Sports Technology

SkokiPolska.pl

Skispringen-Community Forum


Advertisement:



GERGER-NWLützel

Data | History | Hill records | Contact | Map | Photo gallery | Comments

.

Gillerbergschanze:

K-Point: 42 m
Men Winter Hill record: 43.0 m (Alfred Grosche BRD)
Further jumps: K30
Plastic matting: no
Year of construction: 1925
Conversions: ca. 1949
Out of operation since: 2003
Year of destruction: 2012
Status: destroyed
Ski club: SV Lützel

to top

History:

Giller, which is also called Gillerberg, belongs to the Rothaar mountain range and is situated near the villate Lützel, which is now part of Hilchenbach in Siegerland. The very first ski jumping hill there was set up by Oskar Waldrich, an industrialist from Siegen, already before World War I. Around mid-1920's, the permanent Gillerbergschanze was built at Pfaffenhain with wooden inrun structure.
After World War II, when the skiing activities among the population of Siegerland rapidly gained momentum in early 1950's, also a new, larger ski jump with a metal inrun structure was constructed at Gillerberg and SV Lützel was founded. Next to the ski jump a rope tow for alpine skiing was installed in 1960's, which is still in use today, and the junior ski jump was added. When snow conditions were good, both the ski jumps and the alpine slope had been very popular, even more so since the slope was equipped with floodlights for evening skiing.
Ski jumpers of SV Lützel had been actively using the ski jumpign hills until 2003. There had even been an effort to build a plastic covered ski jump, but ultimately the ski jumping divisionwas closed and in 2012 the former hills were finally deconstructed.

to top

Contact:

to top

Map:

to top

Photo gallery:


Advertisement:


to top

Comments:

Post comment:

Token:
Name:
Email:
Title:
Post:
bold | italics | underline | link

to top



Social Bookmarks

Copyright © Ski Jumping Hill Archive 2002-2020
www.skijumpinghills.com